Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I am my own lackey

Whenever I'm doing something mundane and/or noobish, someone will invariably come along and either demand to know wtf I'm doing or make snotty comments. Sunday, I was mining iron outside the Ardy monastery when this guy ran by to his bush. Then he ran down to where I was and said, "Why...". For the clue fest, I killed 3 cows for the bones and hides and get a random demand to "leave da cows alon".

[I know for a fact that I'm not the only "high level" who gets most of her supplies. Marlaine does it; does she get these weirdos ordering an answer to why she's picking seaweed from nets?]

I do regular things. I'm a regular player who doesn't mind getting her hands dirty. I pickpocket guards. I hunt kebbits. I kill unicows and spidines. I mine iron ore. I make my own potions. I craft my own tele tabs. Why should I spend gold pieces on all the little stuff when that money can be better spent on crap I don't want to get (such as god/infinity/barrows armor)?

4 comments:

  1. Spidines, really? You don't use egg spawn scrolls? =/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing your own blog? You know you can buy these already written on the GE...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm currently telegrabbing wines of zammy so I don't have to buy them...

    I like reading your blog and thought you might be interested in checking mine out. It's not always about Runescape though =P

    http://baconnbetelgeuse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a difference between people who hunt for the resources dropped (be it hides, feathers, etc), and then those who hunt just to annoy people.
    Personally, if I see some high leveled character killing cows and I'm killing them as well, I assume immediately that they're killing them for the hides, and if I don't need them, I'll give the ones I get.
    It's really annoying, however, when you're training on a spot where the drops are absolute crap, and they just kill the stuff you want to train.

    Anyway, I'm rather enjoying reading your blog right now :) Hope you keep it updated, as I'll keep reading. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete