Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Money making for new players, or why can't we all be Egghebrecht (except for his exploding appendix)

Before I had the teleports and stockpiled money for MTK and daily shop sales, I hunted polar kebbits and farmed cats for money.

The cats take a bit of work, what with rescuing Fluffs' babies and eventually adopting one to become a cat in order to trade for death runes. [Please don't tell Gertrude. I've been lying to her and saying they're in my house and quite happy.] Getting the Ardy 1 cape makes it more than worth the few hours babying a kitten. I'd grow a kitten to cat a day, farm it out to West Ardy and sell off the 200 death runes for around 70k. 

When I got bored of being in Catherby, I went out hunting for polar kebbit furs with kitten in tow. The walk/run was nearly deadly (damned unicorns/bear cubs/rock crabs), but worth it. The furs were about 3500 each and I spent a good amount of time filling my inventory (27 plus a space for the kitten/cat). That was nearly 95k.

No comments:

Post a Comment