Saturday, May 1, 2010

You're wasting those!

This week marked the beginning of being able to put experience lamps, books of knowledge, reward lamps, tears of Guthix and penguin points into dungeoneering. For those who'd rather have their nails ripped off with rusty pliers than be trapped in a dungeon for 2 hours, it's a blessing.

I was hanging out in a friend's clan chat when she announced she'd dumped her penguin points into dungeoneering. This prompted a big of a kafuffle. Some said it was good. Some said it was a waste. The arguements for are what I'd term the rule of thumb for those little bonus experience points we can get: put them in a skill 1) you hate training, 2) costs a lot of money, or 3) is close to a level. The naysayers argued she was missing out on tokens to cash in for rewards. 

What would you put your bonus experience points in?

4 comments:

  1. Well guess I miss out on tokens as that's where my bonus experience will go until dungeoneering hits 40 then its back to con/summoning

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tokens would come eventually anyway. I use my lamps/peng points to whatever skill I feel like at the moment :-) Normally Runecrafting, Summoning or Dungeoneering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually I use penguins and lamps on Runecrafting. Used to use it on Summoning but at this point I'd rather use it on slow (RC) then expensive (Summoning)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way I see it, a few dun xp without tokens isn't going to matter much, seeing as the skill caps out at 120.

    ReplyDelete