Thursday, September 16, 2010

Postpartum blues

There is always some kind of down time after achieving a 99. You've been in a cycle for days/weeks/months and moving away is hard. Though I didn't like making 15k teak tables for two weeks (with a break in between), I found myself standing in Yanille bank wondering what I'm going to do. The really obvious thing is to upgrade my house now that I can build everything. The down slope is affording everything. I went to RuneHQ and used their POH mapping calculator? to come up with a new layout for the main floor and dungeon. Once I had the plans, I copied them down and listed out all the items to go in each room. I'd set a loose budget of 100M, knowing I'd be getting a demonic throne (25M) and at least one dragon (10M). My rough estimate of the expensive gear - marble blocks, magic stones, dragon(s) - is in the ballpark of 60M. That means it's time for serious money making, going so far as to try this double nat crafting thing the cool kids talk about, along with herb farming and some slayer.

Since I've been figuring out what to do with myself, I felt it was time to give up and make serious attempts at the fight caves. I asked for advice from players who kill Jad on a regular basis and they tell me I should have no problems with anything except the prayer switching. I haven't gotten to Jad yet because of my own stupid mistakes. Finishing the damned KAD is driving me bonkers; very much akin to ME2 which I only left undone for so long because it was moronically difficult. That pushes me forward. What holds me back is knowing I'm very likely to die to Jad and waste 2 hours that I could have been avoiding runecrafting and dungeoneering.

No comments:

Post a Comment