Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Dealing with it

An open question for anyone who cares to answer:

How do you respond to someone who says you're a botter? Ignore them? Laugh? Try to convince them you aren't? 

So, this started at the LFM (lava flow mine) today. I'm digging out the crust and the other guy, ALMIGHTYJATT says out of nowhere, "Haro". I read it as 'hello', but didn't respond because people say shit in the public chat that's meant for clan or friends or another window they have open. A few minutes later, he calls me a bot. 

So I said, "Just because I don't talk doesn't make me a bot."

"Well, alot of botters don't talk. And most people bot these days."

"If you think I'm a bot, then report me."

And then he goes into a mini rant about Jagex not doing anything about bots because they support by buying membership (imo, very true).

I understand that botters are more prevalent than ever. I see them constantly during my daily slayer trips. I don't automatically assume the person skilling along side me and not cursed with verbal diarrhea is a bot.

No comments:

Post a Comment