Thursday, February 18, 2010

I know my name is Kitt

I don't exactly have a difficult name to spell or one with 2-3 spaces inbetween, but I get my share of people who can't type out my name. 

The most common call-out is by my combat level. Which might be useful to catch my attention, except I'm in Edgeville bank, surrounded by other level 138s.

Second common call-out is by the skillcape I'm wearing. Not so good when mugging in Ardougne and hearing, "Hey thief".

By far my favorite is "hey". Just "hey", not "hey kitt" or "hey lvl 138" or "hey y r u takin me 2 blue drags?"

I befriended a nice person a few months ago while smithing. We talked about smithing and other things, leading up to added each other as friends. This person asked if it was okay to call me kitty. Being in a jovial mood, I said it was fine. Little did I know my new friend would greet me each time I logged in with "hello my kitty-cat".

With the ability to change your RuneScape name, it can be more difficult to type someone's name. More symbols and random capitalization are allowed, bringing out such cleverness as |\/|IKEY. While those sorts of names can be amusing, I've found they can also be a pain, like II11III1I1I1II1II. Try typing that one for an abuse report, lol.

It's not always easy to get someone's name right, but most people will forgive honest mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment